Passport Offices Near Vermont
Vermont Post OfficesThe post offices have more extended hours of operation than the county clerk’s office, courthouse, and library. For that reason, the post office receives more applications than the others. When you submit your papers including a passport form(DS-11, DS-64, and DS-82), supporting documents, and fee, you will have two choices for processing. The options are routine or regular processing and expedited processing. Normal processing accepts a form, supporting documents, and fee to get a new passport. The process usually takes 4 to 8 weeks before getting the new passport in the mail. Expedited processing takes 2 to 3 weeks and requires proof of travel with the same documents as a standard process. The cost is more because of speeding the process.
Same Day ServiceThe post offices and the other facilities can only help you get a passport in 2 to 8 weeks. If you need one sooner, use a regional passport agency or a private expeditor. Both services can get a passport in a day if you need it that soon. But before you seek one of them, you must provide these documents for the process:
- Passport form
- Supporting documents
- Proof of travel
- Two letters of authorization (only for an expeditor)
- Company letter (just for a business trip)
- Emergency proof (for an emergency trip)
- Pay cost (passport, execution, and service fees)
Regional Passport AgencyA regional passport agency requires you have an appointment before going to an office. To get one, call the National Passport Information Center, and it will be given at Vermont Passport Agency. The agency’s office is in a Federal Building, be ahead of schedule in case you encounter lines because of security. Also, do not bring with you any prohibited weapons or hazardous material. If you do, you may get arrested and miss your meeting.
Private ExpeditorUnlike a regional passport agency, an expeditor does not require a face-to-face meeting. You can submit your documents by mail and wait for your new passport. If you choose to go to the office, the service will be the same. There are plenty of expeditors in a state when compared to a regional agency.
The following are the locations of all passport offices In Vermont
- Bridgewater Passport Offices
- Fairlee Passport Offices
- Bradford Passport Offices
- Randolph Passport Offices
- Brattleboro Passport Offices
- West Dover Passport Offices
- Burlington Passport Offices
- Chelsea Passport Offices
- North Springfield Passport Offices
- Chester Passport Offices
- Peru Passport Offices
- Brownsville Passport Offices
- Alburg Passport Offices
- Bennington Passport Offices
- Shaftsbury Passport Offices
- White River Junction Passport Offices
- South Royalton Passport Offices
- Manchester Passport Offices
- Starksboro Passport Offices
- Saint Albans Passport Offices
- Williston Passport Offices
- Montpelier Passport Offices
- Barton Passport Offices
- Derby Line Passport Offices
- Saint Johnsbury Passport Offices
- Richford Passport Offices
- Shelburne Passport Offices
- Vergennes Passport Offices
- Swanton Passport Offices
- Newport Passport Offices
- Stowe Passport Offices
- Lyndonville Passport Offices
- Waterbury Passport Offices
- Middlebury Passport Offices
- Morrisville Passport Offices
- Colchester Passport Offices
- Charlotte Passport Offices
- Northfield Passport Offices
- Rutland Passport Offices
- Pawlet Passport Offices
- Guildhall Passport Offices
You may request expedited service in these locations which will cut down the processing time to 4-6 weeks at an additional fee.
You can also utilize the services of an authorized expediting service such as Fastport Passport which can process your passport in as little as 24-48 hours.
Finding a Passport Agency in Vermont
The app on this official site provided by the Department of State’s Bureau of Consular affairs allows you to find an office nearest your location or a full list of offices.
It also contains the facility name, address, facility type, phone numbers and hours. You can also find a full list of offices below.
Please keep in mind that not all passport locations have handicap access, on site photos or nearby photo capability. The app will enable you to determine this information as well. You can search by zip code and distance from the zip code, by state and by City. Note: you are not required to stipulate the city. If not you will get a longer list of all cities in the state or cities nearest the desired zip code.
Finding a Regional Passport Office Near You
The advantage of finding a nearby regional passport office is the ability to significantly shorten the processing time. In some cases a traveler with urgent plans can obtain a passport in under 48 hours with “will call” service. There are only 26 regional offices throughout the United States and an appointment must be made. The nearest regional office is Vermont.
Authorized expediting agents can process your passport in 24- 48 hours as well which will avoid the inconvenience of visiting a regional office.