DS-64 – Lost or Stolen Passport Application Form


If you lose your passport or think your passport is stolen, it can be a horrifying experience, but you can get a replacement. Notify the US Department of State immediately that your passport has been lost or stolen. You can do this easily with the DS-64 Passport Form and you can now submit it online here.

What Does the DS-64 Passport Form Ask Me?

The DS-64 Passport Form asks your name and contact information as well as the circumstance for how you lost or had your passport stolen. It gives the State Department a good idea of the situation surrounding the loss or theft and provides important information that will enable them to issue you another passport. Should you find your old passport, it will be invalid. You must also submit a new DS-11 US Passport Application if you are applying for a replacement passport.

What If I Lost My Passport While I Am Out Of the Country?

If you had your passport lost or stolen while you were out of the country, you must contact the nearest US Consulate or Embassy to get your passport replaced.

What If I’m Going on a Trip in Two Weeks and Lost My Passport?

If you are in the United States currently and you are planning on taking a trip within two weeks out of the country, you do have options. You must go to a Passport Center or Agency in person (you will have to make an appointment first), and submit a DS-11 form in person. If you have reported your passport stolen or lost online, you won’t have to fill out another DS-64 form, acid is already on file unless it is within 48 hours of when you have submitted the online report. The Passport Agency should be able to replace your passport in fewer than eight business days, but restrictions do apply and it is based on need.

What If I’m Not Going on a Trip in Two Weeks, but Still Need My Passport?

Even if you are not traveling within two weeks, you will still have to submit Form DS-11 at a Passport Application Acceptance Facility in person. You won’t have to submit a Form DS-64 if you submitted an online report and it has been at least 48 hours since you submitted it.

Other Ways to Submit a DS-64 Form

You can complete a DS-64 Form and mail or fax it to the following address:

U.S. Department of State
Law Enforcement Liaison Division
Consular Lost and Stolen Passport Unit (CLASP)
44132 Mercure Circle
PO Box 1227
Sterling, VA 20166-1227

Fax: (202) 485-6555

You can also call the US State Department toll-free at (877) 487-2778 toll-FREE and report your lost or stolen passport.