West Virginia Passport Office Finder: Going to West Virginia Passport Offices


Are ready to get a new passport in West Virginia? The West Virginia Passport Offices are prepared to accept your application with all its supporting documents and fee. Before you go, did you know these acceptance offices are in many different buildings across the state? You find West Virginia Passport Offices in post offices, county clerk’s offices, courthouses, and even public library. So, when you are ready to submit your documents, go to any of these locations to start the process.

West Virginia Postal Services

All the sites stated above offer the same processing services. However, since there are more post offices than the others, it will be spoken of more. The two processing options available at the post offices are routine and expedited. Routine processing is considered the standard way of getting a passport. With normal processing, you submit your documents, and they are then sent to a facility for verification. At the facility, it takes 4 to 8 weeks before you get your new passport in the mail.

The next processing choice decreases the processing time by half of the standard processing time. With this option, you must provide evidence that you need your passport sooner than four weeks. In addition to providing proof, you will pay an additional fee to speed the process. One document to give is proof of travel abroad to help increase the application time. Once you get approval, you will get your new travel document in 2 to 3 weeks.

Emergency Passport Service

If you need to take a trip in less than two weeks, you can visit a regional passport agency or hire a private expeditor. Both offer urgent expediting processing than can get you a passport in 24 hours if necessary. So, to use either you must provide documents in addition to the application and supporting documents to the expeditor and agency. Here is a list of paper to provide:

  • Passport form (DS-11, DS-64, or DS-82) (for both)
  • Passport supporting documents (for both)
  • Proof of travel abroad (itinerary) (for both)
  • Two letters of authorization (only for the expeditor)
  • Company business letter (just for a business trip) (for both)
  • Emergency letter (for emergency only) (for both)
  • Pay cost (passport, execution, and expeditor/agency fees)

Even though they both ask for almost the same documents, the acceptance of the papers is done differently. For example, you can mail your documents to an expeditor while an agency requires you submit them in person. You can hire an expeditor from anywhere in the country while you can go to an agency in your state or one closest to where you live. Regardless of which you choose to use, you will get your new passport as soon as you need it.