Maryland Passport Office Finder: Going to Maryland Passport Offices Nearby


The Maryland Passport Offices are in different buildings across the state. Did you know one office is in the post office? You will find others in a county clerk’s office, courthouse, or even the public library. So, When you submit your application, it must include a form (DS-11, DS-64, or DS-82), supporting documents, and passport fee to the agent. When delivering the papers, they are check and if accepted will be sent to a processing center. If you are not sure where a facility is near you, search online for passport acceptance facilities near me.

There are two other options to process your application. They are private expeditor and regional passport agency. These sites are used to get a passport in less than two weeks.

Maryland Post Offices

When you submit your application at the post office, you get two choices for processing. The first is if you are not in a rush and can wait 4 to 8 weeks for processing. It is the most used by applicants, and it is the cheapest. It is called routine or regular. The next is for applicants who cannot wait for four weeks and will travel soon. The process takes 2 to 3 weeks and is known as expedited. But to use it, you must show proof of travel which can be your flight itinerary. For the speedy process, you will pay more.

A Private Expeditor or Regional Passport Agency

When you hire a private expeditor, you must provide all the necessary documents to get a new passport. The expeditor will work on your behalf to get your travel document. Here is a list you must provide:

  • Passport form (DS-11, DS64, or DS-82)
  • Supporting documents
  • Proof of travel (flight itinerary)
  • Two letters of authorization
  • Company letter (for a business trip only)
  • Evidence of emergency (for emergency purpose only)
  • Pay fee (passport, execution, expeditor)

After giving the documents, and with approval, you will get your new passport.

If a regional passport agency is your choice, you start off by getting an appointment. To get one, you must call the National Passport Information Center. You will get an interview at either the Washington Passport Agency or the Philadelphia Passport Agency. Here is the list you must provide:

  • Application form (DS-11, DS64, or DS-82)
  • Supporting documents
  • Proof of travel
  • Company letter (for a business trip only)
  • Emergency proof (just for the emergency trip)
  • Pay fee (passport, execution, agency)